Monday, March 8, 2010

Goodbye

You probably won't be seeing much of me this week. Over the weekend, I was reminded how short and precious this life really is.

On Saturday evening, Adam and I celebrated the life and memory of his cousin, who passed away too young, but has left an indelible impact on those who were fortunate enough to know him and those who never would.

Early Sunday morning, my aunt passed away after a battle with cancer. She leaves behind a husband and two children, the oldest of which is only eighteen.

Later this week, we will likely say goodbye to someone else.

I share this because, as this exercise in blogging reminds me, there is beauty, grace, and profound love surrounding us daily. We should take every moment that we have in this life to appreciate it and those we have been fortunate enough to know, to love, and to have been loved by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley, what a tough week. Peter and I have been thinking about you and your families a lot.

    This was a fantastic reminder to appreciate the love and beauty of daily life. Sending hugs to you and Adam.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1