Monday, November 29, 2010

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Vacation

Here's a photo recap of my vacation, spent in Connecticut and Maine--enjoy!

We spotted a giant dinosaur on the way to New London, CT:

and stopped for some Thai food after showing Adam my alma mater.

On Wednesday night, as we headed to my grandmother's, we stopped at Bob's Clam Hut on Route 1 in Kittery, Maine.

Adam ordered the "Clams 2 Ways":


Thanksgiving Day at Gram's:



We skipped the "doorbusters" on Black Friday and headed to some local antique places. Here's what I found: "Back Roads of New England" by Earl Thollander, a gourd-turned-vase, a set of pinecone notecards, and a Nymolle cup (I wrote about Nymolle here!).

Saturday, we stopped in the Old Port section of Portland, Maine.
I really enjoyed Blanche and Mimi on Middle Street.


While I was sorry to see my vacation and my time with family go, I am happy to be back with you all. Now, let the Christmas decorating begin!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun holiday weekend! Clams 2 Ways looks amazing. I'm always drawn to totally non-Thanksgiving-ish food right after the holiday (delicious as it is!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun--I'm sure your Thanksgiving feast went well, too. When you plan your next trip to Maine you will have to stop at Bob's--it's open all year-round!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1