Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wedding Planning: Cake Toppers

(Coconut Swirl Wedding Cake via Martha Stewart...love the slightly "undone" look of this one)

I'm getting married in May, less than four months from now. Our wedding and reception will take place on the grounds of a historic estate right outside Philadelphia (check it out here). Having the whole shindig take place in a garden makes the "theme" a foregone conclusion--we're going with a relaxed, garden wedding with a touch of vintage appeal and a whole host of wildflowers mixed in for good measure.

So many things are incomplete, but I'm hoping to make major headway very, very soon. Instead of tackling big decisions (say, like choosing a florist, deejay, or photographer), I'm going straight for the small details, and today I'll share one of those wedding elements:
The cake topper!

How does that sound?
 That said, I've started to gather some viable options for the cake topper, check 'em out:

(1940's chalkware wedding cake toppers via Etsy)
(Vintage Wedding Party via Ebay--so very Tim Burton!)
(Weird-but-charming, Kewpie-like Bride and Groom, via Etsy)
(Antique bisque bride and groom dolls via Ebay)
 (Antique Cake Topper with Millinery Flowers via Etsy...sadly sold!)

Since I don't have a family heirloom to adorn the top of our wedding cake, I'd like to go with something that has some history and had already welcomed another couple into marriage. I haven't chosen one yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to share.

P.S. I'll be sharing more Ashley & Adam wedding planning details in the coming months...consider yourself warned!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1