Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF, 8/12/11 Edition

I've been a busy little bee this week, trying my hand at several projects that I'm looking forward to sharing in the near future. That said, there is one project that I'm ready to reveal: I tried my hand at the lampshade dying that both Lindsey and Jenny recently featured.

My superby-discounted Primrose lamp from Anthropologie came sans lampshade. So when I found one in perfect condition at Village Thrift this past weekend for only $2.40 [sidenote: why forty cents and not fifty?], I knew I could throw caution to the wind and  try to dye it without too much concern that I'd ruined a really expensive shade. 

Well, here are the results:
$2.40 for a shade and about $4.00 for a bottle of powdered dye (I took Jenny's recommendation and used Procion MX dye--in medium blue) for a custom lampshade perfect for our red and blue bedroom. If you haven't yet tried this project, do. It is super easy and took all of 20 minutes to complete.

As I said, I've been busy on several projects around ye olde homestead that I'm excited to share once completed...which is some of what I'll be doing this weekend. There are more secret things happening around here and I'm so anxious to spill the beans. Soon, soon, I promise.

Will your weekend be filled with projects, too?
Happy weekend, everyone. 

And to the several new visitors here on Meet Me in Philadelphia, pull up a chair and stay awhile. Become a follower, too, if you haven't already. I love hearing from new people and I'm glad you found my little spot in the blog world.

4 comments:

  1. I love 2nd Avenue and that's a great little lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the lamp! And can't wait to hear the secret things happening around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shade! Can't go wrong with a custom look for under 10 bucks and 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks, great Ashley!! I love me a colored lamp shade!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1