Monday, January 2, 2012

Hopes for the Coming Year

(photo taken by moi on New Years Eve on Walnut Street in Philadelphia)

Happy new year, friends!
In the ten day respite from blogging, I spent time with family and friends here in Philly and in Connecticut and enjoyed every minute of it. During that time, I had some free moments to ponder my hopes and goals for 2012.

At this point, 2012 is so new that its possibilities are endless. 

Goal #1 for 2012Find a job that is satisfying and rewarding
It's been two months since I said goodbye to a job that felt mentally and emotionally burdensome. But all that is behind me now. A great new opportunity is just around the corner, I know it.

Goal #2 for 2012: Begin the preparation and search for our first (and forever!) home
While Adam and I love our Society Hill apartment, we are excited to take key steps towards finding our first (and hopefully forever) home. We are in no rush and want to settle into a place that will grow and work for us throughout our lives. I am certainly looking forward to sharing our progress with you all here!

Goal #3 for 2012Expand my blog following 
Blogging is incredibly important to me and has facilitated so many friendships and supplied countless inspiration, but it's not my full-time job. I am not an interior designer--I'm just a novice who loves design. Knowing this, I sometimes get into a rut where I worry that I'll never be as talented as this blogger or have as great a home as that blogger--do you ever feel that way?
What a terrible trap of self-loathing that I need to learn to avoid.

Well, when that happens, I have to remember that this lil' blog of mine has grown by leaps and bounds over the last twelve months and, as a result, strangers have become friends thanks to an appreciation for a well-lived and well-designed life.

.....
So, those are my hopes for the coming year. Just three large goals.
I begin this year at a different place than where I began last year, and I'm really looking forward to everything that 2012 has to offer all of us, blog friends.

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to following along! You and your blog are very inspiring! Happy 2012! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I can't wait to follow along as you tackle your goals! You are so talented and should not doubt yourself or your blog - you are both fabulous! I feel the same way very often, and I'm trying to get out of that trap. Sometimes, we just have to get out of our own way and make things happen. I know you can. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you Ashley! I am so glad we met this year and I look forward to forward to many more posts. I think we are all guilty of falling into "the rut" by comparing ourselves to others, but just so you know, I enjoy your blog and find you and it to be very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful goals, Ashley. But don't forget to look at all you've accomplished too! I'm happy to have you as a blog friend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1