Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Changing Up the Curtains in the Guest Room

In an effort to save myself an bucket of cash, I created a copycat version of the "Toorie" curtains from Anthropologie for our guest bedroom last year. Trimmed in cheery red pompoms, the panels felt very "me" but I had a revelation about my guest bedroom recently--I wanted to remove some of the red accents. 

Gasp! I know, I know. 
Who am I?
I consulted with Mom, who has a great eye, and together we agreed that the addition of 1/4" black bias trim would add a refined look to the simple linen curtains. I also swapped out the white roman shades that hung in the small windows for these bamboo shades from Overstock. The bamboo shades now work with the mottled colors in the large jute rug. 
Notice that large mirror on the desk?
Check back tomorrow to see how it's been gussied up!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! Love the new shades and really love the addition of the bias tape. I recently added 1" ribbon to my white panels only to remove because it was too much. I really, really like the scale of that trim! Yay Mom! Might have to copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm a little sad to see the red pom poms go. They were so you! I do love the new bamboo shades and the added texture they bring. And the black is a little more sophisticated and grown up - maybe your style evolution?

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what the texture of the bamboo does for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! Ashley's Signature Red Removal! No really, I love the bamboo shades compared with the white ribbon trimmed curtains. Great texture and I LOVE how you hung them extra high!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you and I have to tell ya, I am lovin everything! Totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadie + Stella--Welcome and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1