Friday, March 15, 2013

"What I'm Workin' With" Week: The Basement & Craft Room

All week, we've explored our new house and that brings us to the finished basement. Basements are not usually the most chic of spaces in any house, but our basement so exceeds my expectations already (even without boxes unpacked or books put away) that I can't wait to turn it into a place I'd be happy to show off.
Look at the light! Despite what you may believe, our basement is entirely subterranean but we are lucky enough to have 7 (!) double-hung windows in our basement that make the space feel anything but dark and dank. The wall-to-wall carpet is in great condition, too.
The basement is expansive, so we'll probably eventually divvy the space up into function for different purposes; namely, my husband has more than earned his own video game area here. That's where the assorted gaming systems he has can live out in the open and be used.

The basement also has two small rooms in it and one will function soon as my craft room. I'm as giddy about my craft room as Adam is about his video game area. Having my materials organized and sewing machine accessible makes the prospect of projects actually exciting!

I've started gathering ideas for craft rooms that don't scream "Scrapbooking Queen". "Craft" can be a four-letter word for many, but I'm going for neat, orderly, and inspiring here.

I'm always inclined to clean up my projects when I'm done, but I don't have to now. I can just shut the door to my craft room and leave the mess until next time. 
Just kidding...I'm too particular not to clean it all up.

There you have it, our whole house. Adam and I are in this house for the long haul, so we bought a place that needs some work and inspiration to materialize a vision for a even better house.

Happy weekend, friends!
Thank you for your sweet comments and smart insights all week!

8 comments:

  1. Man, Ashley, I cannot believe your basement. First off, it is finished and second, the light is incredible!! I cannot believe how much you've lucked out with your house and you have the finished basement on top of it!! Lucky duck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HUGE! What an amazing basement. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love having that space in your basement dedicated to crafts and gaming. And maybe some day a play room for the Ashely and Adam -ettes?

    Have a great weekend,Ashley!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that is a basement. You have got yourself quite a gem my friend. I know you are going to turn it into something amazing! I would never want to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your basement looks so bright!! Sadly we only have one window in our basement :( Enjoy brainstorming about your craft room! Look forward to seeing more.
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you already have such a great jumping off point in all these rooms (just caught up on your other "what I'm working with posts). Bright spaces, light (unpapered) walls, hardwood floors...the perfect backdrop for your personal touch. Can't wait to see how you transform it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished catching up on your entire house, and let me tell you, that house of yours has some great bones and the LIGHT! I mean, the light is incredible!! And now that I see your basement, yeesh. Lady, what I wouldn't give for craft room. You are going to do great things with the space. Watch out, decorating world. Ashley's gonna take you by storm!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. "Scrapbooking Queen" Haha! What? You won't have painted craft store letters all over your walls spelling out cute words?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1