Friday, November 8, 2013

A Month of Thankfulness: Beth of designPOST Interiors

Are you all ready for another guest blogger? Today, I'm pleased to host Beth of designPost Interiors as she shares her thoughts on thankfulness. Take it away, Beth!

Beth of designPOST Interiors is a new blog friend of mine, who has been very kind and supportive of my blog and my Etsy shop. Since discovering her blog and talent, I've really enjoyed seeing her client work and reading about her adorable family. I especially loved her recent reveal of a pattern-filled plum living room she worked on this past spring.

I am so excited to be a part of Ashley's series on thankfulness this month!  Truth is, with three kids, I often need reminders to slow down and just be thankful.  There are so many moments in my day that I look at those little faces and feel so blessed, but there are also far too many moments when I get lost in the hustle and bustle of life.  I don't want to be a complainer and I don't want to raise any either so being thankful is high on the priority list here!

I recently completed a long overdue project that is sure to be a reminder to me everyday just how fortunate I am.  I tackled my very first big girl gallery wall!  I have shoved this project to the back of my mind for so long because I just couldn't bear the thought of all of that measuring, leveling, and hammering.  Patience and precision are not my strong suits!  But, with a birthday party to host and Command picture hanging strips in hand I finally got over it and just hung it already.  Well, my husband did, but really whose keeping score?  

I love finally having some updated pictures in our house and I have always been a sucker for black and whites.  It also added just the height and oomph we've been needing in our living room.  I am so thankful for this little family of mine and I love any opportunity to combine that with a design project.  And most-importantly I am happy to have overcome my fear of the gallery wall!

Thanks again, Ashley, for having me and giving me a chance to focus on one of the many things for which I am thankful.  I hope that some of you will stop by and visit me at designPOST interiors!  
Now, tell me, who can't relate to Beth's story? There's no better feeling than having the courage to tackle a long-overdue project, right?

Thank you, Beth, for coming by today. Be sure to check out her great blog!

Have a wonderful weekend, readers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me Ashley! I'm so glad I got over my fear...now on to hanging wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you, Beth! The gallery wall looks great.

      Delete
  2. I love Beth and this is a great way to be thankful. Good work ladies!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1